The thing is, I have an urge to shake things up a bit, I need a change of hair color and a shorter cut to signify our changing lives.
Good things have been happening in my life, it seems like everything is falling into place! That is why I am changing my hair color. To signify that my life is so GOOD!! And HOPEFUL. And I feel DARING! I got the idea to have our followers join in the color decision, by posting the choices on all my platforms (FB, Instagram, Pinterest) and asking, is it silver/gray, lilac/gray or light gray. Yes, you see I have the gray areas now so why not embrace them. The responses have been fun to gather and read. The result of this survey is Silver-Gray with the most votes. I am bringing spring in with a bang.
NOW, IT IS YOUR TURN!!
HERE IS THE CONTEST!! – CONTEST IS OVER
We believe others are going through changes right now, positive or not. So we want to help someone with their own change. Get us to pay for your own CUT and COLOR and be daring too.
Here are the rules;
- First please SUBSCRIBE to our blog. This is a requirement. You can subscribe in the sidebar on the right.
- Take a picture of yourself before and after you have had a significant cut and hair color change.
- Send us your story. Why did you want to make the change? How did the change make you feel? This will help us to make our decision. Your circumstances could be something supremely positive that is happening or it could be a challenge in your life you are trying to overcome. Make a comment below of your name and one sentence describing your reason and your color choice. Do not send the receipt yet. We want to chose the winner without knowing the cost before hand.
- Have a PayPal account. If you win, this is where the money will be deposited.
- Keep the receipt with salon name, date and what you had done. You will be sending us this if you are chosen the winner.
PLEASE NOTE: CONTEST IS OVER
We are very excited to see and hear about everyone’s experiences. And look forward to choosing a special person deserving of this makeover.
This is what started my desire for a change.
In December I was getting worried about finances. Even though we moved to Mexico where things are cheaper, we had some expenses looming. Like $22,000 worth of necessary dental work. And some trips up north my husband needs to take. So I was stressing out when, I had a thought!! An epiphany really. We were going to try and monetize. We already had the platforms, why not really work at them?
We have a story to tell and we want readers to find out about our new lives as expats in Mexico, along with how they could do this too. All the while getting a taste of this beautiful country we now call home and the great people in it.
Quite often when I start on projects my mind and body jump on the hamster wheel. And I can’t stop. Glenn was getting a bit scared and so were friends. I was in Merida at the time and was getting bored with the city. So that had something to do with triggering it. I wanted to get back to our home in San Miguel De Allende.
When I did about a week later, with in two days I started to feel a calm and relaxing blanket come down over me. And then, I got productive. And so much has happened since. More of that in later posts.
Now, I feel a need to celebrate. And we have plans for that. And I also feel a sense of renewal and a kicky vibe through my soul. And, THAT is what led me to the desire to shake things up a bit.
Now it is your turn!!!! Send us a winning story!!
Checkout our pin
We did not receive any entries for our contest, which we were disappointed about.
But we have found a worthy candidate and have decided to give the prize to our lovely housekeeper and good friend Josefina. A brilliant strong Mexican woman who we love dearly. Always an upbeat person with a lovely outlook life we can’t think of a more fitting candidate.